Friday, January 25, 2008

It's been a long time, long time

I shouldn’t have left you, left you
Without a dope beat to step to

I'm sorry, dear Blogspot. After finals ended, I completely neglected you. I've gone snowboarding, hung out with old high school friends, went to some Christmas/New Year's parties and started Winter Quarter of my junior year, and I haven't even told you about it once! Even though I have multiple blogs going on at the same time (one for my friends and family to read, one for my ARTS 50--well, now ARTS 60--class, and a private one for my eyes only), I promise you are my favorite blog of all. It's about the quality of these entries, not quantity...right? Yeah.

So anyway. It's the end of Week 3 already! I'm taking Arts 11 (Media: Foundations), Arts 60 (Media: Video/Audio), LJ101A (History and Theory of Literary Journalism), and English 105 (Asian American Literature/Film Adaptation). Two Digital Arts courses, two LJ courses. A nice balance.

For my Arts 60 class, I just turned in my first project. We had to choose a non-fiction article and make a 1:00-1:30 minute video clip based on it. I chose an article about this couple (clickity click) who has been living in a hotel for 22 years, primarily because it shadows my life at the moment and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunities I would have to capture the shots I need. You see, I've been living in a hotel for about a week now because the drywall in my apartment got wet from a leak, and now my apt. complex needs to demolish that sucker so they can repair it and prevent mold from growing. Pretty much this means we get free room + board at the Residence Inn in Irvine, with complimentary breakfast buffets, pool access, a tennis court, wireless Internet and cable TV. Who wouldn't want to live here for 22 years or more?

Check out my website (www.christineherakim.com) to see the video I made based on my personal experience and the experience of Mr. and Mrs. Davidson, the couple featured in the BBC article I chose.

No comments: