Saturday, March 15, 2008

Something borrowed, something blue

Today I went to a friend's wedding in Laguna Hills. There are two great things about weddings:

1. Seeing two wonderful people making a public commitment to love each other
2. The food.

This wedding surely did not disappoint, for both #1 and #2. Weddings always making me wonder about the day I'll have a wedding of my own...what my future husband is like...how many kids we'll have, etc. But yeah. The food was definitely something to be remembered :)

I wish I had pictures to show just how extravagant everything was, but basically, it was a Chinese banquet-style dinner. Meaning, 8 courses of delicious Chinese food. EIGHT!! Including the Ferrari of soups, the infamous sharkfin soup. I'm half-asleep from food coma and regular fatigue, so at the moment I can't recall the order of the dishes we ate...but I just remember we had roasted duck, a mushroom and tofu dish, lots of Chinese broccoli, and this really great fish dish breaded and marinated in some kind of sauce. Vague, I know, but that's the best my mind can do right now.

The highlight (after the bride and groom, of course) was the CHOCOLATE FONDUE FOUNTAIN.



I went a little...buckwild with the fountain. But hey, weddings are a time of celebration so why hold back, right?

Anyway. Time to fine-tune my website for my Arts 60 class. I uploaded my final project for the class too. This time, we did a mash-up of media appropriated from other sources. I'll post a link up later!



Again, congratulations you two lovebirds! <3

No comments: