Monday, December 10, 2007

So I've been talking about my BFF all this time, and silly me, I've forgotten to show you what she looks like!



As you can see, she's kind of crazy sometimes. I guess that east coast weather can really get to you, huh?

I still haven't met her in the three years we've been friends, but video chatting with our Macs makes it seem like I don't really have to meet her in person. And we're both cool with that. I think it'd be kind of weird to see the person I've become friends with through the Internet as a real human being. Not to say that I think she's like a robot or anything, but I'm so used to her as this person I only correspond with through e-mails, IMs, video chats, and Facebook messages that being able to actually meet her...well, that's a whole other story! The nice thing about having a friend like Prairie is the convenience of being able to interact at any time, without the stress of face-to-face relationships all the time. I bet if we lived closer, we'd probably end up having to make time for each other, instead of just talking and listening when it's convenient. It's a little unconventional, but I guess it just goes to show that true friends don't always need to be physically there to be the people you're closest to.

No comments: