Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Flashmob: the Beginnings.

I know this blog is still relatively new, but for class purposes I'm going to start documenting the progress of our flashmob assignment.

According to Wikipedia (one of the most useful, though not wholly credible, inventions on the Web), a flashmob is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief period of time, then quickly disperse. In class we saw a few YouTube clips of flashmobs, linked below:

Japanese "Troop of the One Hundred"

Students worshipping the Purdue Engineering Fountain

My group and I are still brainstorming some ideas for the flashmob we're doing two Mondays from now. It's hard being creative, but I'm definitely looking forward to the response we'll get from our fellow collegians while we're doing whatever we plan on doing :)

No comments: